Where to Find the Best Studio Insurance

Posted by

S3 Members Private Content

When you open a studio and have other CPTs working for you it’s important that both you and your fitness pros are covered. Plus, you’ll want to make sure your equipment and property is insured in case of an unforseen accident or damage to your space. Here’s the top insurer for fitness studios and how I structure my policy:

Here’s what I do and would recommend for you at your studio:

Your CPTs should all get their own insurance to cover themselves. (See the other resource in this category for individual insurers)

You will need your own studio insurance to cover your own personal liability in regards to client training sessions and the property in your studio.

For example, I insure my studio for $5,000,000 in total liability insurance with $1,000,000 per occurance.

I also insure $30,000 in equipment and office property.

Here is one of the only companies in the US that insures fitness studios and gyms (International S3 Members could contact them for insurers in their country):

Philadelphia Insurance Companies
100 Technology Center Drive, Suite 2B
Stoughton, MA02072


Here is my personal contact that is a broker for that company:

Michele Antonuccio
Commercial Lines Account Manager
Appleby & Wyman Insurance Agency, Inc.
Office: (978) 236-3645  |  Fax: (978) 236-3745 
Email: mantonuccio@applebywyman.com  |  Web: http://www.applebywyman.com

Remember, insurance is one of those necessary evils that you pay for and hope to have to never use…

Also, if you currently have a policy you may want to check with them to see if they can get you a better deal… I currently pay approximately $1,600 a year for my total policy in Boston, MA.


Comment on this Content